Saturday, October 12, 2013

An Introduction...

January 20, 2013 (original post date) - Welcome to my blog, InfoMusings. Why that title? I am always learning and thinking and...musing on what I learn and think about. My favorite things to muse about are topics dealing with wholeness, health, and our connections with each other. This encompasses a tremendous range of information and I love to sift through it all and think. 

I am Paula Popper, the owner of Inner Peaceworks. I am a coach, hypnotherapist and holistic health practitioner. I specialize in the mind/body management of chronic pain, fear and stress, and coach people through many situations on their paths to wholeness and wellness. 

I began my relationship with chronic pain when I was 10 or so. I began developing pain in my feet and legs, which was primarily written off as "growing pains." Except it did not stop, even when I stopped growing. Over time I developed additional pain in my back, was diagnosed with scoliosis, started developing headaches and dizziness (attributed to an inner ear imbalance) and, eventually, after a car accident, was told about this new illness that was sometimes called Epstein-Barr virus, chronic fatigue or fibrositis. These later came together under an umbrella called fibromyalgia. 

My health went downhill during my 20s until I had very little energy and used a handicap parking permit. I started researching nutrition and herbs. Over time, I researched, tried out, and studied a wide range of things including health and medical issues, aromatherapy, herbal therapies of all sorts, nutritional therapies, massage therapies, acupuncture and acupressure, flower essences, energy work (including Reiki and others), craniosacral therapy, Orthobionomy, Feldenkrais, chiropractic (did you know there were a few different styles?) and many other therapies. At first, these investigations were for my own health. Eventually, the vast field fascinated me and I continued to study, ultimately becoming a clinical hypnotherapist. 

I find value in both medical and non-medical approaches to wellness and pain management. I never advocate stopping any medication, unless supervised by a doctor or your own health care provider. However, I have found by carefully selecting and using a range of mind/body techniques many people can reduce their need for medical interventions. 

I look forward to sharing with you my musings on health, wellness, and wholeness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment